Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ahoy, Matey!


This is Graham with his pirate ship -- you'll note that he's extremely unhappy with it. He has come to love pirates as a result of spending the whole month of October pretending to be one, reading about them, drawing treasure maps, hiding treasure and playing on the big ship climbing structure at school. He got the "aargh" down pretty good, too!

While opening the pirate present he said, "This is the best birthday I've ever had in my life!"

Graham has been making up some pretty good stories and has some pretty quotable things to say. For example, he had a stomach bug and was having some gingerale after an unpleasant middle-of-the-night surprise (all over his bed) and was upset because "one of the jumpy things from the gingerale got in my eye!"

He wrote this letter about the time of his birthday:

"Dear Daddy, I wish you could stay with me every day. I would like Daddy to stay with me all day and all night, but when I want him to leave, I want him to leave. Daddy, I want you and me to be married when I'm a grown-up and we're at our wedding. The End."

And after a bad departure from school one day, I got this note:

"Dear Mommy, I wish you wouldn't leave without any extra kisses. Tonight I want extra kisses please. Miss you. Graham"

No comments: